phpBB Forum

It is currently Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:10 am

Round Limits 

STEAM_0:0:16638080
Post Round Limits
Just an observation, but think the round limits on the 5 CP maps should be reduced from 5 to 2 (as per THG I think). I'd keep the time limit the same just in case its a close thing, but if the game is very one sided and we have to play 5 rounds before it changes and people don't shuffle vote this can make lots of people leave. Plus having just 2 rounds on each map means players get to play more maps in each session which can't be a bad thing.

Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:54 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:0:15279954
Post Re: Round Limits
to clarify, by 'round limits' he means 'mp_winlimit 2' which ends a map after one team has won two rounds.

Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:09 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
HH Member
HH Member

STEAM_0:0:16879908
The time limit on the triple stage attack maps (Dustbowl, Goldrush, and Thunder Mountain) could be lower too, so if it's all three rounds there isn't ANOTHER full three rounds afterwards, which can mean the map can go on for an hour or more.

Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:48 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Member
HH Member

STEAM_0:0:14527159
ShiftyJaffa wrote:
Just an observation, but think the round limits on the 5 CP maps should be reduced from 5 to 2 (as per THG I think). I'd keep the time limit the same just in case its a close thing, but if the game is very one sided and we have to play 5 rounds before it changes and people don't shuffle vote this can make lots of people leave. Plus having just 2 rounds on each map means players get to play more maps in each session which can't be a bad thing.

I also like the idea of having a lower win limit on 5 CP maps. The current limit of 6 rounds on HH2 is too high in my opinion. The game starts feeling like a drag after a few rounds, especially if there are some steamroll rounds in there. Even if the teams were balanced from the get go, 6 or more close rounds can be a lot to go through on the same map. On the other hand, i've found that a limit of 2, like the one on the THG servers, is rather low. This is because steamroll rounds are not the most uncommon things in TF2, and when they happen, there is only one potentially close round left to be played (after the automatic scramble). I propose implementing a round limit of 3 to keep the gaming experience on the server feeling 'fresh', while maintaining a reasonable chance of having a few close rounds.

Last edited by Ray on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:59 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

Win limit of 3 seems reasonable for 5cp.

I'm not really sure what the situation is with payload/ad. There's only so much we can do with the commands we have.

Ideally the map should go on for as long as it takes for one team to have a full round of attack, but then cap out at 40 mins if the second go at attacking has started. I don't think it's possible to configure it to do that. The best we can do is either cap at 40mins always (using some command i cant remember), or stop the map after the first full round of attack (using mp_winlimit).

I think using winlimit is best for the long multi-stage maps like thundermountain.

Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:10 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
HH Donor
HH Donor

mp_winlimit is now 3 on all 5cp maps

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:50 am
Profile E-mail WWW