phpBB Forum

It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:54 am

HH2 voice changes - All talk - Team talk 
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:0:15279954
Post Re: HH2 voice changes - All talk - Team talk
'Mumble club'? You know we have several channels?

You know it's possible to make a post without coming across as a massive dick as well, right?

If someone can think of a good reason not to use Mumble I'd like to hear it. Everything said against it in this thread has been based on misconceptions about how it works or how it can be used.

It takes 2 seconds to join. You can join a channel with only the people you like. You don't need a microphone. If you want to reply you can use textchat either in the TF2 server or on Steam. Most people already have it installed. What's the issue?

Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:10 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

STEAM_0:0:16638080
Well you didn't read my post then, because i said you cant talk to those who don't have a mic (there are many regs i have never heard speak but reply in the chat window to my voice) if that isn't a good reason I don't know what is. What your basically saying is either all those regs get a mic and mumble or I type in chat on the server. I repeat it should be for the players to vote the all talk on the server democratically ideally at map start not have this imposed on us because you will never have a happy medium so let the majority on the night decide.

Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:09 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:0:15279954
ShiftyJaffa wrote:
Well you didn't read my post then, because i said you cant talk to those who don't have a mic (there are many regs i have never heard speak but reply in the chat window to my voice) if that isn't a good reason I don't know what is. What your basically saying is either all those regs get a mic and mumble or I type in chat on the server. I repeat it should be for the players to vote the all talk on the server democratically ideally at map start not have this imposed on us because you will never have a happy medium so let the majority on the night decide.

You can talk to people who don't have a mic on Mumble. People who don't have a mic can join Mumble and listen to others.

Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:14 pm
Profile E-mail WWW