phpBB Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:25 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
'TF2 Vanilla Classic' - A trial vote on HH1 
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:1:20535267
Post Re: 'TF2 Vanilla Classic' - A trial vote on HH1
Regarding the Bonesaw/Ubersaw thing: No, it doesn't matter in the context of this vote.

On a general note regarding the two though, the Bonesaw is a viable option. I've used it not only on pubs but also in competitive 6v6 for sustained periods of time, and it happens to work out that compared to human reaction times, (the Internet), and the firing speeds of other weapons that the 25% increase in swing speed means you are actually far more likely to kill your opponent thanks to the second hit.

It is surprising, but I've found it to be the case. The Ubersaw is still more advantageous to have in the majority of situations, but it's in no way a straight upgrade like the Amputator to the Bonesaw.

Loki wrote:
Would it be possible to put in the option of having a !voteclassic command, or something along those lines, so that if a given percentage of people type it mid game another classic vote pops up?
That's only really an issue as the server is filling, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:0:16743808
MCID: frog
Trent wrote:
Loki wrote:
Would it be possible to put in the option of having a !voteclassic command, or something along those lines, so that if a given percentage of people type it mid game another classic vote pops up?
That's only really an issue as the server is filling, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
It wouldn't work, because as previously discussed, over the last few pages of this thread, there are issues with toggling the mode on and off. Currently it has been resolved by switching all players to spec and back to their teams and classes at the start of the map, doing this mid map would be potty.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:22 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

Yeah you're right of course. Derp.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:07 pm
Profile WWW
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:0:12950095
There's a little bug in the classic mode.... if you're demo and you have Bootlegger/The other shoes on your loadout you can wait a while by the resupply and buff yourself a lot of health. A lot.

Oh and there are still some festive weapons that are blocked by the mod such as Festive Minigun.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:39 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:0:16743808
MCID: frog
Linc wrote:
There's a little bug in the classic mode.... if you're demo and you have Bootlegger/The other shoes on your loadout you can wait a while by the resupply and buff yourself a lot of health. A lot.

Oh and there are still some festive weapons that are blocked by the mod such as Festive Minigun.
Here you have to make a choice. Do you want it to harder to exploit or do you want access to festive superficialities?

Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:11 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

I'd say harder to exploit, because the point of the plugin is to ignore cosmetic stuff (i.e. 2007/8 era level of give-a-crap). All about the gameplay.

Tue May 01, 2012 10:54 pm
Profile WWW
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:0:12950095
If you ignore unlocks just how much has the gameplay changed since '08? Teles and dispenser can be upgraded, engineer stuff can be moved, heavy has faster spin up time, medic health regen was increased, etc... So even if you remove unlocks you don't have the same game as you used to have.

I personally hatehatehatehate Dead Ringer and wish Valve would some day patch it out. But even still I don't think unlocks should be removed. Their part of the game now and there have been changes to the game because of the unlocks so removing them would cause imbalance imho.

Tue May 01, 2012 11:26 pm
Profile E-mail
@H|H Reg
@H|H Reg

Linc wrote:
But even still I don't think unlocks should be removed. Their part of the game now and there have been changes to the game because of the unlocks so removing them would cause imbalance imho.

Definately agree with the sentiments, although not sure about how much it effects game balance by doing so. Pyro is certainly much weaker, but then Pyro always was pre-updates and at least he has compression blast now.

Personally I just leave whenever a classic vote wins now because I find it so boring to play. I'd actually prefer to play on HH2 just so I can use my unlocks - even if it means suffering random crits as a result. Trouble is HH2 always seems to empty when HH1 gets going so often it means shutting down TF2 early rather than endure another slog in the hope the next classic vote fails.

Wed May 02, 2012 10:10 am
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:1:7861982
MCID: Akisumo
BattleTag: Akisumo#2975
To be honest then festive and strange weapons are not 'vanilla' and thus should not be allowed.

Fluffy wrote:
I SAID POOPENSCHNITZEL!!

Tank driver in Battlefield 3 wrote:
My cheese's mad funkies, yo

Quake 3 hit sound
Download and save to steam\steamapps\yoursteamaccountnamehere\team fortress 2\tf\sound\ui

Wed May 02, 2012 2:03 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:0:32441858
I think that this vanilla/classic mod was a bit misunderstood... it was not meant to bring back to "old" tf2 from the dust, but to adapt it to the etf2l 6v6 standards..

Quote:
2.2 Weapons

2.2.1 Allowed Weapons: Standard weapons, Blutsauger, Kritzkrieg, Übersaw and Crusader’s Crossbow

All of the standard weapons are allowed to be used.
Allowed unlocks: Blutsauger, Kritzkrieg, Übersaw and Crusader’s Crossbow
All other non-stock weapons are banned.

Still, i may be wrong (solly)

Thu May 03, 2012 12:18 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next