phpBB Forum

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:20 am

What's going on? 
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:0:49250027
MCID: AdvancedCori
Post What's going on?
The server is in desperate need of updating and actual development (not some shit hotfixes). There's been no sight of anything over the past 6 months and if you don't know what is wrong, try taking a look at all the previous threads. There are plenty of responsible people capable of updating if necessary.

Also, just an unrelated note but something I've noticed over the time playing here. The community has become slightly more toxic ever since the stats system - I'm not sure if it has a place on a server with a pretty darn weird gamemode.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:25 pm
Profile E-mail
@H|H Reg
@H|H Reg

STEAM_0:0:5066972
Post Re: What's going on?
Not sure the stats system is to blame, but whilst auto-reg no-doubt saves the chore of adding regulars to the list, it also has a significant downside in that players don't register and don't realise there is a tight nit community of players on HH and therefore don't act with community spirit - i.e. being sportsmanlike, friendly etc.

Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:34 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:1:33765246
I am noticing 90 percent of newcomers are very toxic and I dont like it one bit. Having to keep telling them to stop it. Not that it works on people with an attitude like that. But I do agree the stats system is making some people take it a bit too seriously. I dont care how good/bad my stats are. But for those who say things like "my stats are ruined" for losing once kinda annoys me a lot when they have better ratios for that particular boss than I do.

Admitedly since the stats system the fun of playing boss has toned down enough for some of our more loyal players to go elsewhere. Resulting in a very poor player count unless its a weekend. As for making fixes, it is indeed a very important thing but it seems Frog has not returned to see the state of his server/website since November. Thus any chance of stepping down a bit to let someone else have a go at making the server a more fun place to be for players of all skill levels/attitudes to enjoy it the way it once was not likely to ever happen. A sad reality it is...

I know you want to improve balance here Cori as does Nitros as your both extremely talented on the scripting side of things. As for myself, I have been in talks with Thunder in the past about joining with him as an Admin to monitor this servers behaviour as I am oftenly quite available to be around on the server and do take exploiting/glitching/hacking quite seriously. More so in private with him. And Thunder has agreed he would like that extra help to monitor the server at all times.

But as we all know, Frog is just not around to see any of this or at least give us his thoughts on the situation. And because of this everything we try to do to aid this server is short lived. We can only hope that one day that Frog sheds some light on these ideas and help we wish to offer here at the HH.

Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:22 pm
Profile E-mail

STEAM_0:1:45084273
Quote:
Also, just an unrelated note but something I've noticed over the time playing here. The community has become slightly more toxic ever since the stats system - I'm not sure if it has a place on a server with a pretty darn weird gamemode.

tbh I feel the same, I've kinda stopped payin attention to the ranking system as I noticed that I was playing the class that could do more dmg over something that I actually wanted to play, you know just for fun instead of working for my stats.

On the other hand tho a lot of players like them, especially regulars, removing them might just backfire

I feel like it would be better to focus on gameplay issues right now

Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:57 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:1:33765246
Gameplay issues are indeed the number one concern at the moment. But like I said the problem there is Frog abandoning his community and not allowing others to fix the issues at hand. We can only hope that with an extremely slim chance he would acknowledge this.

Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:08 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

Well, someone did magically update sourcemod earlier... but still wtf

Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:28 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:1:14985898
MCID: Agentino
I agree that giving some selected, trustworthy and capable people access to the server side of things would be a good idea as it seems like frog has little time for it anymore.

We'll need to ask him the next time he stops by. (frog)

HH Cup Season 1 Champion
HH Cup Season 2 Champion
HH Cup Season 3 Loser

Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:22 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:0:50850057
No doubt that the server needs fixing but removing the "play 12 hours to get a regular" thingy wont make the newcomers less toxic.
And the stats are fine (aside from the hp-mod for bosses which is very unfair sometimes) since they reward players who put time and effort into the server.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:15 am
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

Yeah, it was probably a false pattern I noticed. But the stats system does need some updating such as when the boss disconnects and so on.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:59 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:0:16743808
MCID: frog
Dropping in to let everyone know how things are with me.

I'm busy with work and events. There's always stuff to do, things to catch up with or chase, endless customer relations, etc.

Over the years I've been able to balance it all, along with putting in a fair chunk of time, week after week, for the HH, but in recent months, that's just not been happening.

HH4 is so content and plugin heavy and garners lots of opinions on how it should be. A lot of the stuff that runs on there is my own code, or branches & modifications of other people's code, which takes up more time when people want changes, new features or something gets broken. It's endless, mostly thankless task, so I've taken a break from it.

It's winter, so energy and enthusiasm is low. I've been doing the bare minimum, which means making sure that the server starts, sourcemod loads and the plugins run.

Nobody has messaged with me with any proposal or requests to take on the maintenance of the server. If there is, then I suggest they that do that. Anyone considering to do so needs to be competent with programming in sourcemod, not just copying and pasting stuff from the alliedmodders forum.

The alternative is that a new dedicated admin sets up a new FF2 HH server (hosted on our box), that doesn't use any of my code, and they maintain that, without the need for any depth in programming knowledge.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:25 pm
Profile E-mail