phpBB Forum

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:49 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Weapon updates 
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:1:33796966
MCID: EpicSavanah
Post Weapon updates
Looking to hear your voices on what weapons could do with changing and if there are any weapons that are outright broken.

These are the planned implemented changes thus far (* Denotes that this change is an addition to stats already on the weapon):

Spoiler Alert:

Some notes on the huo-long heater change:

Spoiler Alert:

Ah so that's the name of game that's being played half of the time on HH4.

Last edited by Blinx on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:06 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:01 am
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:0:20195851
MCID: Rainbow_477
Post Re: Weapon updates
Some of your planned changes are a bit too much.

The extra jump height for soldier is possible to make timewasting while getting medkits they can pick with their jump height. The Mantreads jump height being broken helped a bit against timewasting soldiers and reaching unreachable spots (like the radiotower ub Watchtower) althrough I still think it can be tweaked to have it's usefullness.

I do find the demoknights fine enough as they are right now, excluding they are unlimited and has +20% reg dmg bonus (216 dmg each melee hit if im right). The booties are required a nerf by removing the +10% movement speed and not directly buffing but I assume it was for changing demoknights completely. The Stickybomb Launcher (Spamolauncher) is comparable with Demoknights while them being more powerful at times.

I don't think Teleport build speed should be buffed, engies are already powerful enough as they are with their buildings and they are already two ways teleport as well.

Im gonna give some ideas on some weapons:

Phlog: You have already a plan but I do have a plan as well on the taunt part, revert to how the Phlog used to be when you use the "Mmmph" taunt to give invulnerability which doesn't counter goombas, matrix attacks, etc and give back health. Nitros has the script to that.

Pyro Shotgun and S. Shotgun: I suggested once in the server to give Pyros afterburn on shotguns because I've seen another server using it, but it was added to strange shotguns on all classes too. It's annoying to the boss to fight against mercs running around with fire shotgun which you can't tell to dodge at any ranges and really counters a boss like Zer0 even at sniper maps. My suggestion is to remove the afterburn for every classes and add a minor tweak instead to make it a bit more useful. Add some faster firing speed, clip size (not more than 8), and maybe damage bonus.

Loch-n-Load: Change it to the old one. 2 clip size, +20% damage bonus, +25% damage to self, remove 20% less radius. The old stats it uses is more interesting for FF2 and using higher building damage has no effect in this mode.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:01 am
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

Timewasting isn't nearly as big a problem as it used to be, and there's almost always an admin in the server to deal with purposeful offenders should they arise, so I don't think giving certain weapons more mobility is a problem.

I like the +10% movement speed on the booties overall but in the case of the Eyelander, Demos become racecars quite easily when they're combined, which I and most other people felt was where the true imbalanced lied, so I'm targeting that, and hopefully the +25% damage bonus to the Grenade Launchers will make them feel like it's a more worthy pickup over the booties.

I wanted to reduce the resource cost for teleporters but there's not an easy way to do that currently so I chose the next best, possible thing, it's largely inconsequential either way, just so that teleporters don't feel as difficult to get up in a game-mode where they're usually pretty useless.

Incendiary shotguns are gone, forgot to add.

I did like the loch 'n' load in it's previous state, might be an idea to bring it back.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:03 am
Profile E-mail
@H|H Reg
@H|H Reg

STEAM_0:1:62934610
MCID: ApophisWiseman
Apart from everything i still consider the BB way to strong Since crit rockets refills it way to fast. it's like a secondary uber for solly, exception for no crit boost.

Last edited by kvaser95 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:58 am
HH Donor
HH Donor

I changed the BB slightly to increase it's deploy time by 50% rather than global switch speed by 35%. I don't think it's overly strong since good players will know that green mercs = no point hitting them and it's just a matter of people learning that sinking your damage into them isn't worth it.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:01 pm
Profile E-mail
@H|H Reg
@H|H Reg

STEAM_0:1:62934610
MCID: ApophisWiseman
i was talking more on the subject then you are 1vs1 against one solly with BB there they only need to hit you like twice to refill it to force the hale retreat and try again.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:17 pm
HH Donor
HH Donor

That's quite a niche circumstance and even then the deploy speed should hinder the soldier in that case, I don't think that alone qualifies it being nerfed further.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:25 pm
Profile E-mail

STEAM_0:1:45084273
I like most changes but I think that if the booties get that -45% dmg from stickyjumps the sticky launcher should be stripped from all his current stats but faster reload. Faster arm time and charge make this weapon borderline broken and incredibly easy to use, with increased mobilty would be bonkers, even more so considering how all regs have a parachute.

Also I don't think the wrangler should get that +15% sentry fire speed, I'd honestly feel dirty using it. I'd rather see a faster deploy time on it.

Thanks for the hard work peeps

Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:55 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:1:46764365
I like these weapon updates apart from the teleporter. It really doesn't need to be build faster, it's already hard enough to enter a sentry nest, and gives the engie another way to survive longer and build another nest.

Also, ( if you can ) I wanted to suggest if parachute would deploy slower, like to make people less running away. It quite is annoying to chase a sticky demo / Soldier / Flare jumping Pyro with that. Snipers sometimes too since the knockback is harsh on some bosses.

Homing rockets, just why are they needed? They make life harder since soldiers taunts then shoots controllable rockets to you which helps to get battalion charged pretty fast in the beginning.

Just suggestions, and what I think should be changed / removed.

And yes, I do appreciate the work you put in to the changes. Thanks a lot Blinx.

EDIT:
Shum! wrote:
the sticky launcher should be stripped from all his current stats but faster reload.

Sorry Shum but I think the Sticky Launcher would be fine without any boost, it doesn't really require anything since 1 - 3 stickies can launch the hale away from you. Like the rocket launcher you can just run away when the boss just comes too close.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:20 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:0:20195851
MCID: Rainbow_477
Teleport: Remove 2 way teleporter.

C.A.P.P.E.R: Update crits and mini-crits

Rescue Ranger: Are used over all primaries most, and kinda powerful with certain tactics. Add 20% slower firing speed, -10% max metal, 30% slower deploy.

Update the other festives that still is not yet updated, it's F Flare Gun, F Jarate if I haven't forgotten anything.

Update all skins (csgo skins)

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:15 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next