phpBB Forum

It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:44 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Weapon updates 
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:0:49250027
MCID: AdvancedCori
Post Re: Weapon updates
I have a few ideas for the scout since I pretty much main it:

Force-A-Nature:

The most used weapon in FF2 currently, due to its knockback mechanic. It allows the scout to triple (or quadruple jump when paired with the Atomizer) in order to reach high places or land a goomba stomp without worry. Also, it acts as a great self-defense weapon for the scout, using the knockback in order to propel the boss away from him. However, these two factors make it rather annoying to play against.

Instead of giving the scout two shots in case one of them goes wrong and misses, he should only get one - requiring the scout to actually decide whether he wants to take a shot or use it to jump.

Stats:
+50% faster reload time
Knockback on target and shooter
+20% bullets per shot
-10% damage penalty
-83% clip size

"97 ; 0.50 ; 43 ; 1 ; 44 ; 1 ; 45 ; 0.20 ; 1 ; 0.10 ; 3 ; 0.83", false

Scattergun:
Arguably the worst scattergun in FF2. In order to use the stock scattergun effectively, you would either have to pair it with the crit-a-cola or play dangerously close to the boss for meatshots. Yes, of course you can play mid-range, but then the shortstop is a much better weapon for that. The scattergun doesn't provide the same mobility as the force-a-nature or the accuracy of the shortstop. Designed to be an all-rounder, the scattergun fails in every category. However, I (and a few other players) regularly use this weapon anyway.

For improving the weapon, I would suggest giving the scattergun permanent mini-crits (similar to the grenade launchers) because it allows for more mid-range play due to the reduced damage-falloff while also giving extra damage at closer ranges.

Stats:
Can't add stats, needs the player to have the mini-crit condition when active in ClientTimer(). And instead of checking the scattergun by weapon ID, try comparing by classname instead - it saves the time of having to include all the skins and stuff.

if (classname == "tf_weapon_scattergun") // where classname comes from GetEdictClassname() if doesn't already exist in that method

Soda Popper:
The extra jumps given from the soda popper's hype is rather weak. The jumps are very predictable from most scouts, where they tend to only jump in a certain direction or towards something. It's easy for the boss to tail them and catch the scout off-guard when playing.

I was thinking that the soda popper should get its old hype meter back but with a twist: crits rather than mini-crits. This make it comparable to the back scatter where it relies on dealing damage in bursts of crits. However, this makes it rather overpowered where crits are rewarded for running around doing nothing and waiting for the boss to come close. To combat this, I would think that hype meter should fill up from damage dealt to the boss rather than running around. It forces the scout to deal damage and claim a reward for doing so.

I'm skeptical about this idea since it removes somewhat potentially interesting gameplay with the hype jumps.

Bonk! Atomic Punch:
A banned weapon on this server (for the most part :D ), and rightfully so. It provides a get out of jail free card - making it super annoying for everyone as nobody likes a time-wasting scout.

These are just a few opinions I had on some unmentioned scout weapons here. Please take some ideas into consideration or leave some feedback, thanks. I haven't tested any of the weapon stats, but they should work.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:42 pm
Profile E-mail

STEAM_0:1:45084273
| SkyKnight | wrote:
Eviction Notice

The weapon is kinda already good, I would suggest tweaking a bit the dmg taken penality or give a more rewarding speed boost.

I belive sbl and black box are fine as they are.
Minicrit on airborne targets would make juggling quite easy and very effective.

If anything I think it's something that should be given back to all rocketlaunchers since they have lost their minicrit mechanic after GM

Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:50 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:0:55370713
You don't simply get minicrits for just hitting a jumping hale, you only get them if they're in the air by explosions, airblast, etc. So it's fairly alright, still not nearly as powerful as it was before. The Black Box change is mainly there to encourage Soldiers getting their health from hitting the hale rather than health packs.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:17 pm
Profile E-mail

| SkyKnight | wrote:
You don't simply get minicrits for just hitting a jumping hale, you only get them if they're in the air by explosions, airblast, etc. So it's fairly alright, still not nearly as powerful as it was before. The Black Box change is mainly there to encourage Soldiers getting their health from hitting the hale rather than health packs.

Yes but given the big clip of the sbl it wouldn't be hard to just fire one sticky and then keep juggling with minicrits, hale without weightdown would have a pretty hard time.

About the black box, right now it encourages being more independent from medics and rely on hp packs and self heal which is in my opinion the correct use of the box, more health on hit is kinda not that good when a medic can just give you an overheal in seconds, the tradeoff is kinda pointless.

About heavy melees, I think the GRU should get marked for death as debuff over the hp loss, right now every heavy melee is pretty much inferior to the GRU given the nice speedboost and how they can be used to build uber.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:59 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

Shum! wrote:
Yes but given the big clip of the sbl it wouldn't be hard to just fire one sticky and then keep juggling with minicrits, hale without weightdown would have a pretty hard time.

About the black box, right now it encourages being more independent from medics and rely on hp packs and self heal which is in my opinion the correct use of the box, more health on hit is kinda not that good when a medic can just give you an overheal in seconds, the tradeoff is kinda pointless.

About heavy melees, I think the GRU should get marked for death as debuff over the hp loss, right now every heavy melee is pretty much inferior to the GRU given the nice speedboost and how they can be used to build uber.

Every hale now has weightdown, those who didn't have it before now have insta. But giving the nature of the stock SBL, you can only effectively spam and hit hales at mid range, it becomes significantly harder if the hale comes closer to you. The minicrits can also work against you because they can cause more knockback to which the hale can use to his advantage. Because let's be honest here, most deaths caused by the previous SBL was because you juggled the hale towards yourself.

That is only if a Medic is around and decides to heal you most of the time. But I guess your point of view for the Black Box differs from mine. My idea doesn't actually encourage Medics pocketing the Soldier.

About the GRU, yes, I know it isn't really orientated towards me. But that -7hp/sec isn't exactly that beneficial for uber building.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:11 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:1:33796966
MCID: EpicSavanah
Pushing some aggressive changes to the spy so we can try and fix the cloak problem. This will probably be buggy so in anticipation:

Kunai overheal reduced to 370
Big earner speedboost reduced to 6 seconds but gives full cloak now

Other things:

When a sniper is in the last 2 people standing, he will not get minicrits, since this reduces his damage
Transparent mediguns are gone
Flashing spy revolvers and demoknight grenade launchers should be gone

Ah so that's the name of game that's being played half of the time on HH4.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:19 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

Got another update on the way, Pyro the Engineer:

The Homewrecker, Maul, and Neon Annihilator will function like a wrench, allowing infinite, free repairs on buildings and allowing them to upgrade buildings by hitting them. They will start the round with 200 metal, and each hit on a non-level 3 building will consume up to 25 metal as per usual, however, you cannot take metal from dispensers, but small ammo packs will give you 50 metal instead of 40.

Minor details:

If you have less than 200 metal, but full ammo, you will still consume an ammo pack.
There is no check for which team the building belongs to, so in the somewhat rare event an engineer is summoned on the bosses team, and the Pyro hits the building with the aforementioned weapons, he will both hurt and heal it, as well as upgrade it.
No current implementation of construction build speed increase while hitting an initial constructing building.

Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:20 am
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

Not something different for the Annihilator? :(

Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:24 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

Until there's a better idea for the Neon, I'm just gonna shoehorn it in with the homewrecker.

Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:44 pm
Profile E-mail

Blinx wrote:
Got another update on the way, Pyro the Engineer:

The Homewrecker, Maul, and Neon Annihilator will function like a wrench, allowing infinite, free repairs on buildings and allowing them to upgrade buildings by hitting them.

I don't see many people takling this so as much as I wouldn't really mind this change -cause I don't play boss and I love being a support pyro- I guess I'll do it.
Sentries are pretty powerful in this gamemode but it takes a while to upgrade them since metal is usally scarce in arena maps.
Most pyros don't use their melee, I personally already run the maul just cause I do not care about my melee slot as pyro, same goes for a solid number of regs.
This being said, I think that giving a bonus wrench to all pyros would be a pretty big balance issue, borderline broken.

I would suggest giving to the maul-homewrecker a dmg resistance with block healing similar to the FoS.

On a side note, I don't think most of the changes are listed in the class-related infotext that pops out at the beginning of every round, it would be pretty helpful for new players.

Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:53 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next