phpBB Forum

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:25 am

Reset personal stats 
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:1:46764365
Post Reset personal stats
I've seen many people dying because of the stats, including me. It is challenging yes but after a loss streak it gets frustrating. I understand it's to give people a challenge but not when the personal stats halves your HP. It will become really time wasting since hales are forced to play passive else they will run to their death. Especially Hales who can't super jump will suffer from this since they can't plan what to do. They have to tank the damage till they have, either rage ready or can teleport away. Till then the tele hale is about to die.

So my suggestion is, to give the players a " reset personal stats " option. It should whipe your personal stats, perhaps wins overall too for the win farmers ( won't mention their names but they know who I mean ). This option would allow to let the player start with fresh 0 wins 0 loses. Or just remove the stats overall, I mean they start to scale the Hales HP to an unfair amount. Negative stats and Positive stats can be both unfair, for the players and the hale.

We just got a weapon update which makes some hales very difficult to play.
I personally would want that the Personal / Global stats get removed. It is fun either way, and you still can win as players against the hale if we play as in a team. VSH / FF should be played as a Team and not a Solo boss finisher.

I hope to see your opinions about this small rant, and apologize if it might be offensive towards you.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:25 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:1:33765246
Post Re: Reset personal stats
I would totally be open for this idea and wouldnt think twice to reset my stats. Stats should not ruin your gameplay at all. At this point I would quite litrally give up everything just to have a more enjoyable time here as boss rather than making a single mistake and knowing that one mistake is all it takes for me to lose. I have earnt all stats through the use of random and feel now that it is time to start over. I am sure there are others who would like to start over too.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:37 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:0:50850057
Would appreciate that, it would also make life easier for casual players like me who just play 2 or 3 specific bosses but cant anymore because the stats are taking away a ton of hp.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:55 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:1:33796966
MCID: EpicSavanah
AbunaiShi wrote:
We just got a weapon update which makes some hales very difficult to play.

If I may interject and ask about this quote, which weapons in particular are too strong in your opinion? I'm open to suggestions, I wanted to change weapons around so there's more thought involved with choices and more viable play styles, I don't want the update to make the mercs win considerably more.

On the topic of this thread though, I'm not passionately opinionated on it since I never play hale (maybe that's a good thing though), but I understand your concern that in some circumstances, the HP mod greatly hinders your ability to enjoy playing hale and I would say this is down to a couple factors:

1) Map balance. We all know maps are rarely 50/50 merc/hale win rate, and so when it does come to a map where it favors the mercs, on top of the HP mod, it can feel impossible to win, I've already mentioned this to frog and he may get around to adding an additional layer of math to factor in map balance in some way, but that's for him to decide.

2) The skill level of the mercs. Better mercs = harder time as boss, obviously, but this is incredibly difficult to factor in to the HP mod as there are an immense amount of things that you would need to think about "What makes a good player?", how much damage and healing you do is only a part of the picture, in my eyes, and so I would say this is kind of uncontrollable.

I don't think a boss stat reset is the right course of action, but I do think more refinement of the current system would be healthier for everyone.

Ah so that's the name of game that's being played half of the time on HH4.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:48 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:1:46764365
@Blinx

claidemor ( sorry don't know how to type that ). It kinda makes it unfair to the hale you can charge so far away which makes catching up harder, especially in big maps it can be used to charge too fast away.

Brass Beast: Just a pocket medic + heavy combo and you can pin the hale with rage while the other teammates attacks too. Yeah you can still rage but till medics uber runs out you will have probably lost around 7k health.

Fist of steels: It is a nice idea to make it for use but Heavies can survive rages by jumping and would only be half hurted.

Well, it just seems strong in my opinion. I saw people struggling with the Brass beast even without medic. And fist of steal often used to jump away.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:08 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:0:20195851
MCID: Rainbow_477
Zatoichi - Healing 100 hp each hit together with overheal with overheal is way too much. They can survive a hit after boss takes hit from Zatoichi and then survive another hit when he hits the boss after taking hit. Worse with bootlegger cause he can survive a hit from the start and then restore his health to be able to survive more. Whenever I see Zatoichi changes on other FF2 servers, I see +20 hp per hit but adding up to 100 is too much.

Mantreads - Just why should stats like extra jump height be added in this mode when it can turn into unfair trolls or something that adds more confusion to rocket jumps when you jump above your own explosion at times.

B.A.S.E Jumper - Same reason as Mantreads.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:53 pm
Profile E-mail
@H|H Reg
@H|H Reg

STEAM_0:1:62934610
MCID: ApophisWiseman
Just make a limit for it, make a turn on/off plugin for difficult challange, or remove it completely.

EDIT.
----Some thoughts i would like to add.-------

-The FOS is kind of fun to use exception then some people complains it's to tanky with a medic so an suggest is to add some sort of anti heal feature like -%heal rate or block healing while in use.

-The mantreads and the base jumper jump hight seems kind of pointless, sure you want the soldier to be unpredictable by jumping higher, but common so far as it goes I don't really see any use for them then you can use the gunboats instead.

-Well the katana is sure fun to use however I agree with Thunder that 100hp her hit can be a little bit to much so nerfing it to like 50-60hp/hit and limit the overheal to around the 230-260hp area seems more of a better choice.

-Stickybomb Lancher already isn't really fair to begin with.
With lower dmg from stickyjumping will just create an other way of wasting time while you as hale have to hunt down the demo jumping in every corner of resovoir taking hp kit while keeping a long distance from the hale trying to hunt him down. seriously tho, you can jump with 4 stickes and still survive thanks to the parachute.

It's also really unfair that as demo you just go full mouse1+mouse2 knocking the hale away as far as you please.
Changing it back to vanilla or add something that prevents it from just spamming will solve the problem.

Last edited by kvaser95 on Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:26 pm
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:1:33796966
MCID: EpicSavanah
Been talking with Night about your concerns, and this is what we've got so far:

Claymore: Still thinking about this one.

Fists of Steel: Next version will remove knockback taken by 100% while this is out.

Brass Beast: It takes a lot of damage to build up the rage and even when it's active it makes you do -50% damage, I think you may have just encountered a couple of rounds where it was used effectively, every weapon has it's moment.

Zatoichi: May need healing nerf, probably +75 healing to +50 overheal

Mantreads: Me and Night both think this change is fine, it's silly, sure, but jumping (normally) leaves you in a very predictable state that almost every hale can take advantage of, and soldiers already have mobility from rocket jumps so it's not like it's letting them get to places they normally couldn't already.

B.A.S.E Jumper: is fine too.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:53 pm
Profile E-mail

STEAM_0:1:45084273
Going back on topic,
The hp mod can be quite harsh and doesn't really add anything enjoyable to the gameplay.
People with high win rates are forced to play in a "hit and run" fashion: jump in, swing your melee once and jump out, assuming ofc the hale can jump. This isn't fun neither for the mercs nor the hales.
Teleport based hales usually just get eaten alive or have to play very passively and hope to get lucky, again not fun.

On the other hand people with a lot of losses don't really benefit from the extra health -mostly because they just aren't good- and they end up being walking targets for a minute or two more.

I personally support a more lenient hp, completely resetting the win/loss ratio could also work as long as it won't benefit "win farmers"

Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:40 pm
Profile E-mail