phpBB Forum

It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:44 am

Official maps revamped 
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:0:55370713
Post Official maps revamped
The other day I came up with the idea of making some official maps (maps that appear in Valve servers' map rotation) VSH compatible. This mostly means changing the maps in a way for arena to work, hale friendly, lots of open space, etc., etc. Since I have a bit of experience in Hammer and this idea mostly consists out of editing already existing maps, I thought it would be no problem to do it. So right now I've done a few maps, but I want to see if other people have suggestions as well.

Maps I've done so far:
Arena_Byre: Made skybox higher to allow more jumps. Made several areas accesible to create a bigger map and placed a couple of extra ammo and health kits.

Arena_Nucleus: Added more health and ammo packs. Reduced pit damage from 1000 to 500. Blocked off the entire are beneath the point so it's easier for the hale to get out of the pit. And blocked off the signs, so you can't get stuck behind them anymore.

Cp_Degrootkeep: If you don't want a vsh map with melee only, then ignore this one. Made the skybox bigger, added several more areas that the hale can acces and changed the layout so that it's arena compatible. Added several health and ammo packs.

Cp_Gorge (A/D version): Made several areas accesible. Added some health and ammo pakcs. Changed the map to arena.

Cp_Gravelpit: Increased the skybox. Made several areas accesible, and some ammo and health packs. Same as the previous two maps, it's now arena compatible.

Cp_Powerhouse: Made it arena compatible and removed some nobuild zones.

Cp_Standin_final: Made some areas accesible. Added a couple of ammo and health packs. Made it arena compatible.

Plr_Hightower: Made some areas accesible. Changed both spawns a bit so it's easier to acces for hale. changed the tower's platform to be bigger and added a point on it. Changed it to arena mode.

Planned maps:
Ctf_Doublecross
Ctf_Landfall
Mvm_Bigrock
Mvm_Rottenburg
Mvm_Mannhattan
SD_Doomsday
PT_Warehouse
PT_Pinewood

Reason why I changed most maps to arena is to allow point capture. If you want, I can change some official maps that are already on the server as well.

Link: Click here
Currently includes:
vsh_nucleus_b1
vsh_powerhouse_b1

Planned next two maps:
vsh_gravelpit_b1
vsh_gorge_b1

Last edited by | SkyKnight | on Sun May 29, 2016 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 22, 2016 1:42 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:1:14985898
MCID: Agentino
Post Re: Official maps revamped
Great idea. :)

HH Cup Season 1 Champion
HH Cup Season 2 Champion
HH Cup Season 3 Loser

Sun May 22, 2016 6:45 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:0:49250027
MCID: AdvancedCori
I love the idea of this too. Having ctf_doublecross and mvm_bigrock would be super! I was thinking of having pass_warehouse also as not much work needs to be done on it and it would be a fun map to play on.

Sun May 22, 2016 11:33 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

I'll think about it, depends on how much work it will take. Should I also include the forest version in the list as well then?

Mon May 23, 2016 9:19 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

Maybe, I haven't played the forest one too much myself, so I can't really give an opinion on it. However, it looks okay from what I've heard and it seems like it could fit in too.

Mon May 23, 2016 10:07 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

Spend some time on reworking Powerhouse to make the entire background area accesible to everyone. If you're interested, here's a picture of it.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =691575672

Still needs a bit of work on the entrances to allow bigger hales to get through them. You'd better appriciate the map when it's done, because this took me an entire afternoon and evening.

Thu May 26, 2016 8:27 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

That looks surprisingly cool. But I'm kinda concerned from the image about the props, as those fences are probably better off not being there and how shallow is the water? Other than that, I want it.

Thu May 26, 2016 9:02 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

Those fences were already a part of the background area, I could remove them, no biggy. I'd say the water is as deep as Minecraftriver's water. But I put a nobuild zone in it just in case.

Fri May 27, 2016 12:16 am
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

Perhaps it's better to only add 2 or 3 maps at a time. So it's easier for me to change the maps if problems occur. Right now I was planning on suggesting for vsh_Nucleus and vsh_Powerhouse to be added, maybe a 3rd one if people want it.

Fri May 27, 2016 2:21 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

If people want maps that are currently on the server and have serious flaws that are able to be fixed, I'm able to fix those maps. So if you know any of those maps, please suggest thel. It might become a giant list, but editing a map doesn't take long. Also, vsh_powerhouse is almost done, there's only this bug I can't seem to fix.

Sun May 29, 2016 4:17 pm
Profile E-mail