It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:23 am

FF2 FAQ 
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:1:33796966
MCID: EpicSavanah
Post FF2 FAQ
FF2 FAQ

This mod can become overly hectic with the amount of bosses our wonderfully large roster hosts and questions will almost always arise, I'm here to see if I can answer some of them!

Q: "Man I like this hale's theme song, where can I download it?"
A: All sounds are already pre-downloaded on your PC, the directory for them is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\download\sound\freak_fortress_2

Just look for the hale's name the song played with and the theme song can be found within.

Q: "The boss was stunned but still hit me, wtf?"
A: It is unknown whether it is intentional by Valve or not but when a player wields a Heavy Weapons guy melee weapon (Fists, KGB, Fists of steel, the frying pan?) that even when stunned, he or she is able to melee attack through it.

Q: "OMG what the hell hit me ?!!?"
A: A vague question but there are a few known, obscure methods of death in ff2.

A1: Ion cannon: An ability cast by some hales when they rage. Keep your distance from the bright blue light!

A2: Australium bars: some maps contain Australium bars on the ground that do a heavy amount of damage if one stands on them.

A3: Environmental death: Cliffs, murky water and skull and cross bone signs are usually indicative of this.

A4: Chain Lightning: Chain lightning is granted to some bosses that can be cast with right click that affects a number of people for varying amount of damage.

Q: "How are these medics flying around?"
A: Rubber doctor. A server plugin that turns the medigun beam into an elastic band while the medic is holding down space.

Q: "Wat teh hell dis boss is op these admins suk nerf dis already"
A: You're playing a mod where it's potentially 1 v 31, the mercenaries have a vast amount of tools available to them, balance is a hard thing to get right, while creators try their best at doing so, sometimes it's just your time to die, that's arena for you.

Q: "Why are these scout and spy bosses one-hitting me?"
A: From the original FF2 SourcePawn source code:
Code:
if (damage <= 160.0)
         {
            damage*= 3;
            return Plugin_Changed;
         }

So because Spy and Scout bosses with the mandatory item attributes (+200% damage bonus, mantreads stomp damage, +2 capture rate) would only deal 120 and 105 damage respectively per melee swing, because of this snippet of code, the damage is then tripled to 360 and 315. This also effects the bosses other weapons.

Q: "Why is the boss a giant flashing error?"
A: The model did not download properly or did not download at all for you. A common error that is easily fixed by downloading the FF2 boss pack found at the top of the page under "FF2"

Q: "I was a soldier and I was instakilled by Heavy Sauces shotgun, the heck?"
A: Soldiers behave oddly in FF2 when confronted by weapons that have the attribute "On hit: target is engulfed in flames" and seem to take additional, initial damage, while not igniting.

Q: "I was a spy and I had the DR up and then I instantly die to fire/shotgun damage?"
A: Cloaks behave vastly different in FF2. While under the invisi watch cloak, all sources of damage from hale deal 62 damage to you, that also includes, fire, miniguns, shotguns etc. With Dead Ringers, if a hale hits you while you have the DR deployed, you take 62 damage, but after that, you take full damage from all sources.

Q: "How come I got stuck in the hale when I ran into him/attempted a goomba?"
A: The Hale was scaled in size and resized hales often cause clipping due to their unnatural hitboxes/collision meshes. My advice is to keep your distance from these.

Q: "How do I use the parachute?"
A: This is a reg perk, one can apply to be a @H|H regular via:
http://www.thehh.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=12
Once you're a regular, all you have to do is hold space while airborne.

Q: "How are these soldiers firing homing rockets?"
A: Another reg perk that can be achieved via the link above. Guided rockets are turned on with the right mouse button with the rocket launcher equipped and then guided by a laser sight wherever the soldier is looking.

Q: "How on earth did the hale hit me from over there?"
A: A mixture of lag compensation and additional melee range. Hale's are given additional melee range similar to that of the Eyelander. Lag compensation is how the server decides what should happen based on two or more clients interacting with eachother, i.e. one person meleeing another; it's a nebulous world and strange things can happen; bullet's travelling around corners, explosions doing more damage than they should , and it greatly affects melee registration, and can make it feel like hale's have a lance equipped when they are charging you.

Q: "Why isn't X a boss?"
A: FF2 is completely community driven; wishing, and wanting for a boss to become part of the roster will not turn it into code, models, materials and sounds. If you'd like to help out then great, click me for an overview of hale boss creation, for further information I can assist you.

Q: "How come I can't hit this boss?"
A: The majority of bosses use the same hitbox structure as the class it's assigned too, so if it's a scout hale, it's going to be naturally harder to hit. This is because creating an individual hit box for each hale would be far too time consuming.

Ah so that's the name of game that's being played half of the time on HH4.

Last edited by Blinx on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mon May 20, 2013 7:53 pm
Profile E-mail
@H|H Reg
@H|H Reg

STEAM_0:0:56807247
Post Re: FF2 FAQ
I got a question: where do u find polish nurse theme? I can't find it in the folder ;(

Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:53 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\download\sound\saxtoner\polish_nurse\theme.mp3

Polish nurse was originally part of saxtoner, and her files are left in the Saxtoner folder as opposed to the Freak_Fortress_2 one.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:41 am
Profile E-mail
@H|H Reg
@H|H Reg

STEAM_0:0:56807247
Ah. Thankx a bunch :)

Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:51 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:1:36260600
MCID: FreemanUK
Blinx wrote:
FF2 FAQ

Q: "OMG what the hell hit me ?!!?"
A: A vague question but there are a few known, obscure methods of death in ff2.

A1: Ion cannon: An ability given to some hales where a bright blue beacon is called down upon when the hale rages either where he is looking or where he is standing and after approximately 10 seconds, the Ion cannon is fired and does a variable 1000 damage in the surrounding area (The value can be changed with configurations). It is survivable with an ubercharge and also damages the hale if he is in the vicinity.

A2: Australium bars: some maps contain Australium bars on the ground that do a heavy amount of damage if one stands on them.

A3: Environmental death: Cliffs, murky water and skull and cross bone signs are usually indicative of this.

Another answer to this could be the 'Chain Lightning' abilities some Bosses have, however I'm not really sure of the damage allocation to each player.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:49 pm
Profile E-mail
@H|H Reg
@H|H Reg

STEAM_0:1:62464164
MCID: noplayminecraf
BattleTag: @H|H
How do you like the soldier as the target to follow hale?

Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:16 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:0:16743808
MCID: frog
kev wrote:
How do you like the soldier as the target to follow hale?
If you mean "How do you guide rockets?", then right-click and you should notice a red laser dot appear in your cross-hair. You can now guide your rockets be moving the laser dot. You can turn guiding off by right-clicking again.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:35 pm
Profile E-mail
@H|H Reg
@H|H Reg

STEAM_0:0:55434784
MCID: Sarge_343
Um I can't seem to find the audio/music file for the Vangineer, but when I play as him I hear it. Do you know where I can find it?

:? [mixed] :(

Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:45 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\download\sound\saxton_hale\vagtheme.mp3

Vagineer is a boss from VSH and his resources are left within the VSH folder.

Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:18 am
Profile E-mail
@H|H Reg
@H|H Reg

STEAM_0:0:55434784
MCID: Sarge_343
O Thanks man :D

Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:57 pm
Profile E-mail