phpBB Forum
 
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:38 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Did ya miss me? - General Hacking 
Author Message
HH Donor
HH Donor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:42 pm
Posts: 20
STEAM_0:1:44959963
MCID: ThePsionic
Post Did ya miss me? - General Hacking
Server Info: -
Name:: Hampshire Heavies #4 ~ Freak Fortress 2+ (New Exclusive Bosses)
IP:: 178.32.51.115:27045
Map:: vsh_halo_foundation_v1

Offending Party: -
Name:: Did ya miss me?
SteamID:: STEAM_0:1:36260600
IP:: Unknown
Category:: Hacking
Reason:: General Hacking
Description:: Using cheats and/or exploits

Reporting Party: -
Name:: SburbanReversal
SteamID:: STEAM_0:1:44959963
IP:: 82.136.248.87

Same reason as Advanced Cori - Using the teleporter exploit in this map. Also a donator, strangely - why are all (or most) donators such assholes?

_________________
http://i40.tinypic.com/fdc3zp.png


Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:37 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:09 pm
Posts: 1688
Location: UK
STEAM_0:1:30930343
MCID: Deepblue686
Post Re: Did ya miss me? - General Hacking
Most donators aren't assholes (most full members like me have probably donated at some point).
It's probably the donators who are just doing it for the little image above their heads.

Although, you find it strange that a donator did it which tells me that it doesn't happen often. So why assume that most donators are asses?

_________________



Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:09 am
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:42 pm
Posts: 20
STEAM_0:1:44959963
MCID: ThePsionic
Post Re: Did ya miss me? - General Hacking
Deepblue wrote:
Most donators aren't assholes (most full members like me have probably donated at some point).
It's probably the donators who are just doing it for the little image above their heads.

Although, you find it strange that a donator did it which tells me that it doesn't happen often. So why assume that most donators are asses?

Excuse me for saying most donators are asses. It was an exclamation that kind of happened in the moment.
The point is, both Advanced Cori and Did ya miss me? used the same exploit now. If anyone does the exploit, it's almost always a donator. That's the thing I found strange.


Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:51 am
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:08 am
Posts: 6095
STEAM_0:0:16743808
MCID: frog
Post Re: Did ya miss me? - General Hacking
everystat13 wrote:
Deepblue wrote:
Most donators aren't assholes (most full members like me have probably donated at some point).
It's probably the donators who are just doing it for the little image above their heads.

Although, you find it strange that a donator did it which tells me that it doesn't happen often. So why assume that most donators are asses?

Excuse me for saying most donators are asses. It was an exclamation that kind of happened in the moment.
The point is, both Advanced Cori and Did ya miss me? used the same exploit now. If anyone does the exploit, it's almost always a donator. That's the thing I found strange.
Obviously, there is no real connection or association between donating and using a map exploit. It's human nature to try and see patterns in things, quite often those perceived patterns don't actually exist.

What baffles me is why people aren't bothering to make an explicit post on the forum to let us know when and where a definite, reproducible, exploit has been found.

The offending map has been removed. There is no publicly available update for it. If someone would like to recompile the map with a no-build zone in place, then it will be re-added.


Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:21 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:05 am
Posts: 1911
Location: Here.
STEAM_0:0:538759
MCID: Fluff_a_Licious
BattleTag: Netrahedon#2897
Post Re: Did ya miss me? - General Hacking
frog wrote:
everystat13 wrote:
Deepblue wrote:
Most donators aren't assholes (most full members like me have probably donated at some point).
It's probably the donators who are just doing it for the little image above their heads.

Although, you find it strange that a donator did it which tells me that it doesn't happen often. So why assume that most donators are asses?

Excuse me for saying most donators are asses. It was an exclamation that kind of happened in the moment.
The point is, both Advanced Cori and Did ya miss me? used the same exploit now. If anyone does the exploit, it's almost always a donator. That's the thing I found strange.
Obviously, there is no real connection or association between donating and using a map exploit. It's human nature to try and see patterns in things, quite often those perceived patterns don't actually exist.

What baffles me is why people aren't bothering to make an explicit post on the forum to let us know when and where a definite, reproducible, exploit has been found.

The offending map has been removed. There is no publicly available update for it. If someone would like to recompile the map with a no-build zone in place, then it will be re-added.

He did already mention it [in detail?], it was no separate thread though thats why it propably got missed. (2nd post)

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=10000

_________________


Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:36 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:42 pm
Posts: 20
STEAM_0:1:44959963
MCID: ThePsionic
Post Re: Did ya miss me? - General Hacking
fluff-a-licious wrote:
frog wrote:
everystat13 wrote:
Excuse me for saying most donators are asses. It was an exclamation that kind of happened in the moment.
The point is, both Advanced Cori and Did ya miss me? used the same exploit now. If anyone does the exploit, it's almost always a donator. That's the thing I found strange.
Obviously, there is no real connection or association between donating and using a map exploit. It's human nature to try and see patterns in things, quite often those perceived patterns don't actually exist.

What baffles me is why people aren't bothering to make an explicit post on the forum to let us know when and where a definite, reproducible, exploit has been found.

The offending map has been removed. There is no publicly available update for it. If someone would like to recompile the map with a no-build zone in place, then it will be re-added.

He did already mention it [in detail?], it was no separate thread though thats why it propably got missed. (2nd post)

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=10000

I should probably have made a separate post, but it's in the past now ^_^


Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:22 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:50 pm
Posts: 40
STEAM_0:1:36260600
MCID: FreemanUK
Post Re: Did ya miss me? - General Hacking
So I do this for the first time ever and people get like this and fail to mention the Shark guy who did it in literally the next round, hardly seems fair?


Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:19 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:08 am
Posts: 6095
STEAM_0:0:16743808
MCID: frog
Post Re: Did ya miss me? - General Hacking
fluff-a-licious wrote:
He did already mention it [in detail?], it was no separate thread though thats why it propably got missed. (2nd post)

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=10000
yeh, I see that now. New Year's Eve, well I'd been working every day since the 22nd December until the 5th January on a NYE event. I'm unable to read through all the player reports all of the time, especially as some of the time they are made by mis-use of the report command.

I'd hope that general game mode and map exploits would appear as a separate thread, rather than be associated with a single person.

Scooby wrote:
So I do this for the first time ever and people get like this and fail to mention the Shark guy who did it in literally the next round, hardly seems fair?
People are inconstant, so life isn't fair, but an exploit is an exploit. Don't worry, nothing to get concerned about as the map has now been removed/

But please do report general exploits in a new thread, or preferably in a private message to me, so that I'll definitely notice, and also to cut down on copycat exploiters.


Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:39 am
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:22 pm
Posts: 164
STEAM_0:1:25726811
MCID: herd_of_midgets
Post Re: Did ya miss me? - General Hacking
I wouldn't mind re-mapping it with a no build zone i know this is old but am not sure where its needed.


Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:28 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:50 am
Posts: 229
STEAM_0:0:20195851
Post Re: Did ya miss me? - General Hacking
I do assume we could have this map back since me and Juiss can add nobuild zones.


Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:20 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.