phpBB Forum

It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:14 pm

The great griefing of August / World Reset Poll 
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:0:14464950
MCID: Paulmega
Post The great griefing of August / World Reset Poll
EDIT: Server is indeed getting a reset. Server will be closed off until I get the new anti-grief working, probably within the next few days. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Hello guys,

Bad news for all of you, the server was caught by a grief team. About 8 players got on the server and have spawned lava everywhere, destroyed housing and more. I've restored what I could and the griefers have been banned, however, we can't be sure this will happen again.

I have a proposition: the server has been quiet for a while lately, so I think it's a good idea to reset the world. This time, no-one is allowed to build unless they've gone through a process of registering on this forum, and then replying to a forum topic. This way, griefers won't be so quick to start griefing, as they're more closely monitored by us on the site.

However, the act of resetting won't just come out of no-where, I'll be needing your input. Please tell me if you'd like to see the world reset or not in a reply below! I'll check the replies at the end of this week on sunday to decide!

Also, I'll be needing some more Moderators any time soon, because I'm not able to keep my eyes on the server all the time. If you want to apply for Moderator status, please visit this topic.

I hope the damage to your house hasn't been too bad, and I hope I've fixed the majority of the griefing. If there are any problems, please contact me via a PM here.

Happy Building,
Bull

PS: The names of the banned grief team:
genesi13
Gezzi_
_Rago
__cakedude__
karkat
Kamazoo1
ricky__
sophia5643

Last edited by Paulmega on Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:14 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:1:14985898
MCID: Agentino
Post Re: The great griefing of August / World Reset Poll
Hmm how unfortunate. We used to have a system where non-community people on the server couldn't modify any blocks or take things from chest and such. But that was ages ago and we had frog putting in a lot of work into the plugins.

More moderators sounds like a good idea though.

HH Cup Season 1 Champion
HH Cup Season 2 Champion
HH Cup Season 3 Loser

Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:40 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:1:2134294
MCID: mehby
BattleTag: mehby#2700
Once upon a time privileges were assigned based on forum status, if you were not registered you couldn't edit blocks and stuff. It was linked to the sql data of the forums i believe also allowed for automation of a sort when people were promoted to member then getting more access. I kept meaning to return but mc holds little sway over me these days. Having not played in sometime I can't feel qualified to comment on a reset, though rebuilding a spawn again is a lot of work.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:20 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

STEAM_0:0:5162653
MCID: fla5h
If a reset goes ahead you differently want to look at the above suggestions, will minimise anything like this happening again.
Not been on for a while my self and just seen the damage so I would say reset , hopefully I will get back into it again.
It does look too much of a mess currently for a clean up, so it would be nice to see what the other regular players think about this due to the amount of work that had been done.

Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:30 am
Profile E-mail
@H|H Reg
@H|H Reg

STEAM_0:1:62934610
MCID: ApophisWiseman
Since the most of the world is covered in desert, there isnt really much other biomes like jungle that is pretty much non exsistance. A reset from me is ok.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:49 am
HH Donor
HH Donor

Alright guys, I think a reset is in order; no worries, I will back up the old world just in case. The server will be offline for a few days because I'll be adjusting some permissions settings; the main one being that random new people can't build or interact on the server at all. That will start with the registered players from this forum. Hope to see you all online again in a few days!

Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:19 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
@H|H Reg
@H|H Reg

STEAM_0:1:346569
MCID: theleighs
My House :(

Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:20 pm
Profile E-mail
HH Donor
HH Donor

Starlightbluey wrote:
My House :(

Sorry man, cleaning up the world is nearly impossible due to the massive grief-fest we had... At least the world will have better biomes!

Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:23 pm
Profile E-mail WWW